HALF MARATHON TRAINING PLANS
Having a training plan building up to an event is key to improving your performance and preventing injury on race day. If you are going to be taking part in one of the Windsor Half Marathon events we strongly recommend using a training plan.
Below are two 12 week half marathon training plans, aimed at beginner and intermediate levels.
BEGINNER HALF MARATHON TRAINING PLAN:
Beginner - Click Here
INTERMEDIATE HALF MARATHON TRAINING PLAN:
Intermediate - Click Here
- Remember to always warm up before & cool down after every session.
- You should always stretch for at least 10 mins after each run.
- If you are injured or overly sore during your training plan you can replace running with cycling, cross training or aqua jogging, provided it does not exacerbate the injury.
- Don't over work yourself and train at your pace.
- Eat within 30 minutes of completing a run and ensure adequate hydration
- If you can, train with a partner for guidance and extra motivation.
Finally always smile :) because it should be fun!!